Friday, June 14, 2013

That moment when you realize you're done.

As I sat in the Registrar Office at Florida Gulf Coast University it hit me like a pillowcase filled with nickels.  My baby girl is going to college.  She is not registering for high school-like transitional courses this fall (not that there are any).  Nope, she's got a full course load of college freshman classes.  I consider myself to be a rational person.  A little far out with my thinking at times, but I feel I've got a good handle on reality.  So, with this knowledge, I still teared up in the Registrar Office.

I will no longer home school Arianna.

Arianna is starting actual college on the track for a Biology major.

This is all starting in August.

She will be driving herself!

She is not my baby.

She is not a little girl.

She's my seventeen year old daughter who stands taller than me and is killer smart.

Damn those nickels, they hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment