Monday, July 1, 2013

The News, Marco Island, Homeschool etc.

So much has been going on in the news lately.  Paula Deen, SCOTUS' decision on gay marriage and voters rights, and the Zimmerman court case.  I've commented on each of this issue both verbally and on Facebook.  I am not going to comment further, because I truly do not believe there is more I can add at this point.  

I am still excited about this past weekend where the hubby and I drove to Marco Island.  It's a really pleasant place, very colorful too.  Oh and so clean!  Also, out of our price range, LOL!!! I don't know if we would seriously want to live there at this age, but when I'm about 65, watch out Marco Island :-) 

I also have started planning Rodney's 8th grade curriculum.  Yeah, I'm still a little sad about not having to plan for Ari.  I still have my son for the next few years to school and I'm really grateful for that.  I really do enjoy teaching my children.  

In my researching I found some wonderful resources for African and African American history.  I plan to infuse a good portion of each into our classical model.  After all, if I don't who will?  The husband and I strongly believe it is really important for our children, especially our son, to know the strong, diverse people who sacrificed for us.  He's also interested in learning more as well.

Ari goes to FGCU's orientation today for freshman, dual enrollment and early admission students.  We are all so proud of her.  I think she's going to do great there this semester.  

Lastly, I am working on practicing my focus and intent.  Those doubtful thoughts pop up, but I think I have a cure for that too!  I feel like this is a great time for study and self discovery.  Although, technically as solitaire, I'm about that life anyways.  I'm not just randomly studying all things spiritual this time.  I will post more on this throughout the summer.  

Looking forward to fireworks on the 4th at one Naples' beautiful parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment