Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

It's the July 4th weekend and we've been grilling out, at minimum, two meals a day!  Love it!

I'm ecstactic about last week's season premiere of True Blood.  It did not dissappoint, as promised. 

Lately, I've been feeling so settled and happy.  I don't know for sure what it is, maybe something about the summer months, but I feel wonderful. 

One thing I was able to check off my to-do list was processing the kid's final grades.  It's super important for Ari for her high school transcript.  However, I like to know where Rodney stands too.  I'm happy to say they're both Honor Roll students and they worked their butt off doing so!  I'm a proud mommy!  Another, dangling task for me was to finally narrow down a curriculm for Ari.  I'm pretty much decided on how we will approach her core subjects.  Now I have to get going on the electives.  She wants to learn to play the guitar.  So of course she's asking for electric guitar!  We shall see how this little request plays out.

Thank goodness I figured out a great online curriculum for Rodney, Time4learning.com.  I'll just supplement with more challenging assignments.  Afterall, wouldn't want him to get bored!

We're going to the local park to see the fireworks on Monday.  We'll end our holiday weekend continuing to enjoy just plain old relaxing family time.  This is shaping up to be one of my most relaxed summers ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment