Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I'm scared of Michele Bachmann!

I have been having a roller coaster of a ride this past week.  Within one week we discovered our car's motor is irreparable and would require a costly replacement job, over 2600 dollars!!!  The hubby and I were left with no choice but to purchase a new car.  We had no idea that we'd be purchasing a NEW 2011 car.  We both want to be much more conservative with our money and thought it would be best to purchase a used car.  Funny thing is the banks we were shopped around to felt differently.  You see, we were able to qualify for financing on a brand new car, not a used car.  Yes, that's what we were told.  We had to do some serious number crunching, but we drove off the lot with a spanking new mid-size sedan with cool features, like Onstar and XM Satellite radio.  I'd also like to point out that we purchased an American manufactured car.  I feel really good about this too.  This is the 3rd American made vehicle I've purchased, but the first new one.  It feels like we're doing our patriotic part of supporting American made products!

I've been on new car smell high for the last few days, which was cut short by some disturbing news I came across this morning.  The mental health clinic run by Michele Bachmann and her husband has been reported to use a method of therapy to counsel gay patients.  Basically, it's the "pray the gay away" philosophy. 

This country's preoccupation with other people's sexual preference is just ridiculous.  There has ALWAYS been lesbian and gay people.  The moral fabric of our society is not tearing because of gays being allowed to marry.  If a gay couple adopt a child, the child doesn't automatically become confused and turned gay.  Most importantly, who people feel sexual attracted to or fall in love with is none of anyone else's business. 

I understand that folk's religion is a driving force behind their contempt toward homosexuality.  I understand because I was taught the same belief that God says homosexuality is a sin.  I was a child and like most children believed what I was told.  Unlike Bachmann and her husband, I grew up and began to wonder.  Wonder about religion, sex, relationships and how they all met in the middle.  I definitely don't have all the answers, but I know that I'm not gay, I don't care who is, and if you love someone, same sex or not, you should be able to safely and legally declare so just as heterosexual couples do. 

I don't fear moral eruption due to homosexuals within our society.  I fear Michele Bachmann, or to be exact, I fear her ignorance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment