Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mommy's Study!

I came to the realization some time ago I need a space just for me.  I know not everyone has the room in their house to even consider designating a personal study/office/etc.  I am very lucky we're not a formal dining type of family.  Basically I have taken over what was designed to be the house's formal dining room.

When we first moved in it was a very bright yellow.  I'll spare you the before pictures.  I also can't find any pictures before I painted, so there's that too.  ;-)  However, I decided to use the same color I had recently used for painting my son's room.  It's Valspar's Green Pastures and it's so calming.




I plan to get new comfy chairs, shelving and a console table.  This is just some extra furniture we've had for a few years now.  Those chairs are so NOT for curling up with a book.  I'm working on being more patient, so I'll survive using them for now.  I've been online checking for inspiration.  I get most of my decorating fix from blogs and of course Pinterest.   However, yesterday the Holy Book was delivered to me.  Oh yes, the 2013 Ikea catalog!!! Just what I needed.  I. Am. So. Psyched.

I'm hoping by Christmas I'll have this room pretty much done.  I plan to paint the hall and staircase too.  That's going to be a challenge because I have some issues with height.  Oh well, should be something fun to write about later, right? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment