Thursday, July 26, 2012

Tomatoes & Jalapeno Peppers

We've been doing our very own backyard homesteading.  Basically, we've got nice patch of land in the backyard where we've grown some veggies and herbs.  We started this spring and our harvest has been plentiful!  I canned some of our tomatoes and jalapeno peppers this past Sunday.  Almost all of the jars sealed properly with the exception of one lone jar of tomatoes.  But that's cool, we'll just use it this week.

And here are the pictures of my handy work.


It did get a little messy.  Could just be me?


 I think I'm going to invest in a bigger pot used mainly for canning.


I like how neat and orderly they look!

That's me feeling really proud.

We could have done a much larger batch, but I thought we'd do a trial run first.  It was successful, messy, but successful nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment