Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It's Good to be back!

I haven't really gone anywhere.  I just haven't been blogging.  However, I have been reading my share of other people's blogs.  Along with homeschooling, which we just ended a successful school year, I have been having a really fun time learning Charlotte a little better, meeting new people, trying some great restaurants, cooking, hanging out with extended family and one of my favorite things, growing more spiritually.

Ken, me and the kids hanging out at our all time FAVORITE burger joint, Red Robins! Yum.  Yeah I know it's a chain, but we never ate there before moving to NC.



Ken started our backyard garden, with the help of our neighbor and our son Rodney.  That's our dill growing like crazy!  I'll be posting something about the trial and error of pickling I'm sure.



I finally painted my son's room from yellow walls with Winnie the Pooh borders to this calming green.  It's Valspar's Green Pasture.  He loves it!

Our formal dining room is next.  However, I'll post the before and after of its transformation.  I've got plans to convert it into my very own study!

The kids and I have had a great time hanging out at the pool in our community. 



With the spare time I've had, I tried Sally Hanson's stick on nail polish designs.  I didn't love it, but it was fun.

One of the best things about summer is sleeping in.  Some of us sleep in until almost 10AM!  




No comments:

Post a Comment